Airbnb has become a popular platform for travellers seeking unique accommodation experiences. However, sometimes plans change, and you may need to cancel your reservation. In this article, we will guide you through the steps required to cancel an Airbnb reservation and answer some frequently asked questions.
Steps to Cancel an Airbnb Reservation
Step 1: Sign in to Your Account
Before you can cancel a reservation, you need to log into your Airbnb account.
Step 2: Navigate to “Trips”
Once logged in, head over to the “Trips” section, which lists all your bookings.
Step 3: Find the Reservation
Locate the booking you wish to cancel from the list.
Step 4: Click on “Change or Cancel”
This option will allow you to modify or terminate your reservation.
Step 5: Choose “Cancel Reservation”
After clicking on “Change or Cancel”, select the “Cancel Reservation” option.
Step 6: Follow the Cancellation Policy
Airbnb hosts can choose between various cancellation policies. Ensure you read and understand the policy related to your reservation.
Step 7: Confirm Cancellation
Once you’re ready to proceed, confirm the cancellation.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Cancellation policies vary between hosts, so it’s essential to be aware of the conditions tied to your reservation.
- Depending on the timing and nature of your cancellation, you might be eligible for a full or partial refund.
- Always communicate with your host if you face any issues or need clarity.
Alternatives to Cancellation
Instead of canceling, consider:
- Rescheduling for different dates with host approval.
- Modifying the reservation details like number of guests.
- Booking another listing that better suits new plans.
These options let you avoid cancellation fees.